Butter flavour cooking spray
Whole wheat flour
1 large egg(s)
2 cup(s), peeled, grated, and drained*
½ cup(s), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat two 8- X 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, in a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add egg, sugar, vanilla extract, oil and applesauce, and beat until thoroughly combined; beat in zucchini.
- Add sifted ingredients to egg mixture and mix well; fold in nuts and raisins. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake in middle of oven until a toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Slice each bread into 10 pieces and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yields 1 slice per serving.