Wild mushroom ravioli in simple tomato sauce
3 tsp, divided
Dried shiitake mushroom(s)
¼ pound(s), fresh, stems discarded, caps very thinly sliced
⅓ cup(s), minced, divided
4 medium clove(s), minced, divided
½ cup(s), dry
¼ tsp, freshly ground, divided
10 item(s), thawed if frozen
¾ pound(s), cored, seeded, and chopped
Canned tomato paste
1 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tsp oil. Add mushrooms, 1 tbsp onion, and 2 garlic cloves; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add 1⁄4 cup wine; reduce heat and simmer until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1⁄4 tsp salt and 1⁄8 tsp black pepper. Remove skillet from heat and let cool completely.
- Arrange 5 wonton wrappers on work surface. In center of each, place 2 tsp mushroom mixture. Moisten edges of wrappers with water. Fold half of each wrapper over filling, making triangles; press edges lightly together to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, making total of 10 ravioli. Place ravioli on baking sheet and cover with damp paper towels; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wipe out skillet. In skillet over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 tsp oil. Add remaining onion and remaining 2 garlic cloves; cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1⁄4 cup wine, tomatoes, and tomato paste and bring to simmer; cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in basil, remaining 1⁄8 tsp salt, and remaining 1⁄8 tsp black pepper. Keep warm.
- Bring large saucepan of lightly salted water to simmer. Add ravioli and simmer 5 minutes (do not let them boil). Remove ravioli with slotted spoon, let drain, and divide between 2 bowls. Top each bowl evenly with sauce and Parmesan.
- Serving size: 5 ravioli with 1⁄3 cup sauce and 1 tbsp cheese