Wild Blueberry Hand Pies
- Total Time
Here’s a wonderful way to sweeten up summer parties. Portion-control is a snap since everyone gets their own mini pie.
cooking spray4 spray(s)
refrigerated pie crust, unprepared7 oz, (or homemade)
fresh blueberries3 cup(s), or defrosted unsweetened frozen wild blueberries
lemon zest1 tsp, (plus extra for garnish)
fresh lemon juice1 tsp
table salt1 pinch
fresh mint leaves1 Tbsp, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large-size muffin tin with cooking spray (diameter of each opening is 3 3/8-in at top; 3-inches on bottom)
- Use a 4-in diameter glass or circle cookie cutter to cut 8 circles out of piecrust (re-roll scraps with a rolling pin as needed to cut the last circle). Place crust circles in bottom of prepared muffin holes; press down on bottoms and slightly up sides.
- Toss together blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and cornstarch in a bowl; spoon evenly into crusts.
- Bake until crusts are browned and top is bubbly, 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Store at room temperature until ready to serve. Serve garnished with lemon zest and fresh mint (optional).
- Serving size: 1 mini pie