Whole Wheat Crepes with Raspberry Sauce
- 2/3 cup(s) unsweetened frozen raspberries
- 2 Tbsp jam, raspberry-variety
- 2 large egg(s)
- 4 large egg white(s)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low-fat milk, 1%
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/4 tsp powdered sugar, divided
- Place raspberries and jam in a small saucepan; set over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until raspberries are thawed and coated with jam; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and egg whites; add salt. Beat in flour and milk, alternating in batches, until batter is smooth.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup of batter to pan and immediately reduce heat to medium-low; tilt pan to evenly coat bottom of pan. Cook crepe until golden on bottom, about 2 minutes; flip with a spatula and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes more. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm; repeat with remaining batter.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of sauce down center of each crepe; roll up and dust each with 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Yields 1 crepe per serving.