Whole Turkey Breast with Zesty Cranberry Relish
1 Tbsp, extra-virgin
4 medium clove(s), minced
1 Tbsp, chopped
½ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast
7 pound(s), or with ribs
unsweetened orange juice
uncooked vidalia onion(s)
½ cup(s), sliced, chopped
crushed red pepper flakes
16 oz, fresh or frozen
2 tsp, grated
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for indirect cooking and maintain a medium fire.
- Combine the oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and ground pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Loosen the skin around the turkey breast by running your fingers between the skin and the meat, starting at the tips of the breast halves. Once the skin is loosened, divide the spice mixture between the two halves and spread it liberally onto the meat, patting the skin back into place.
- Place the turkey breast, breast-side up, on the indirect heat section of the grill rack (away from the heat source), cover the grill, and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the breast registers 170°F, 2 1⁄2 – 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, orange juice, water, onion, and crushed red pepper in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add the cranberries and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens slightly and the cranberries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime zest. Let the mixture cool about 30 minutes, then chill until ready to serve.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a carving board and let stand about 10 minutes before carving. Remove the skin before eating. Serve with the relish. Yields 2 slices turkey with 1⁄3 cup relish per serving.