White chocolate–drizzled coconut macaroons
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 2 min
Yes, you can make macaroons at home, and it's a lot easier to do than you might think! First, the egg whites, sugar, and salt are whisked together until they're nice and frothy, then the coconut flakes, vanilla extract, and almond extract are stirred in. Scoop the batter onto baking sheets, slightly flatten the rounds, then let them bake! Spraying the wire rack with nonstick spray ensures the macaroons will not stick. After the macaroons cool, drizzle with melted white chocolate as the finishing touch. Also keep in mind that the baked macaroons can be stored in single layer in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Sweetened coconut flakes
White chocolate chips
1 oz, or 1-ounce square white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg whites, sugar, and salt in large bowl until frothy. Add coconut, vanilla, and almond extract, stirring until combined well.
- With small ice-cream scoop, scoop batter by scant 2 tablespoonfuls and place, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheets. (Or using dampened hands, form coconut mixture into 24 [1-inch] balls.) With dampened fingers, slightly ﬂatten each mound.
- Bake until macaroons are set and golden brown on bottom, 22–25 minutes. Lightly spray wire rack with nonstick spray; transfer cookies to rack and let cool completely.
- Place cookies with rack over sheet of wax paper. Put chocolate in small bowl and set over small saucepan of simmering water until melted. With small spoon, drizzle chocolate over macaroons. Let stand until chocolate is set, 15–20 minutes.
- Per serving: 1 macaroon