White Chocolate–Drizzled Coconut Macaroons
- Total Time
cooking spray1 spray(s)
egg white(s)2 large
table salt⅛ tsp
sweetened coconut flakes7 oz
vanilla extract½ tsp
almond extract¼ tsp
white chocolate chips1 oz, or 1-ounce square white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg whites, sugar, and salt in large bowl until frothy. Add coconut, vanilla, and almond extract, stirring until combined well.
- With small ice-cream scoop, scoop batter by scant 2 tablespoonfuls and place, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheets. (Or using dampened hands, form coconut mixture into 24 [1-inch] balls.) With dampened fingers, slightly ﬂatten each mound.
- Bake until macaroons are set and golden brown on bottom, 22–25 minutes. Lightly spray wire rack with nonstick spray; transfer cookies to rack and let cool completely.
- Place cookies with rack over sheet of wax paper. Put chocolate in small bowl and set over small saucepan of simmering water until melted. With small spoon, drizzle chocolate over macaroons. Let stand until chocolate is set, 15–20 minutes. (Can be stored in single layer in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.)
- Per serving: 1 macaroon