Warm lentil salad with baked salmon
1 cup(s), French variety (green) picked over and rinsed
uncooked wild Atlantic salmon fillet(s)
1 pound(s), center-cut, skinned
sweet red pepper(s)
½ medium, peeled and chopped
reduced-sodium chicken broth
white wine vinegar
2 cup(s), chopped, torn frisée variety
uncooked red onion(s)
½ small, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the lentils and cook until just tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, put the salmon, skinned side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. Bake until just opaque in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Puree the bell pepper, broth, oil, vinegar, and salt in a blender. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the lentils, lettuce, and onion and toss to combine.
- Cut the salmon into 4 portions and put 1 piece of salmon on each of 4 plates. Spoon the lentil salad alongside. Yields 1 piece salmon and 11⁄4 cups salad per serving.