Vegetarian BLT Salad
- Total Time
Everyone’s favorite sandwich – minus the bread – and with a meatless spin. Use ripe, juicy tomatoes since their juices help flavor the dressing.
low-fat milk¼ cup(s)
light mayonnaise2 Tbsp
apple cider vinegar2 tsp
table salt¼ tsp, or to taste
black pepper⅛ tsp, freshly ground, or to taste
fresh tomato(es)2 cup(s), cut into chunks
uncooked scallion(s)¼ cup(s), thinly sliced
uncooked vegetarian bacon6 item(s)
avocado1 item(s), medium, chopped
lettuce8 cup(s), chopped, red leaf, roughly torn
- In a large bowl, stir together milk, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended and smooth.
- Add tomatoes and scallions to bowl; toss to mix and coat. Let stand 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, for tomato juices to mix into dressing.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon according to package directions.
- Add avocado to bowl; toss gently to mix and coat.
- Put 2 cups lettuce onto each of 4 plates and top each with a heaping 1/2 cup of tomato mixture; spoon any dressing left in bowl evenly over salads. Crumble 1 1/2 veggie bacon strips over each salad; serve. Yields 1 salad per serving.