Vegan Lemon-Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Total Time
Lovely and lemony. Just the right balance of sweet and tart.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
all-purpose flour2 cup(s)
baking powder1 Tbsp
table salt1 tsp
canola oil2 Tbsp
maple syrup½ cup(s)
poppy seeds2 Tbsp
fresh lemon juice¼ cup(s)
lemon zest1 Tbsp
regular plain soy milk1 cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and oil. Add maple syrup, poppy seeds, lemon juice and zest; beat again.
- Add about 1/3 of flour mixture to sugar mixture and then stir in 1/3 cup soy milk; beat until just combined. Add another 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/3 cup soy milk; beat until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and soy milk, being careful not to over beat batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until top of cake springs back to the touch and a tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Slice into 12 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.