Turkey Scallopini with Vegetables
- Total Time
If it is too late in the season to find corn on the cob at your grocery store, frozen will do fine. Just defrost 1 cup in your microwave.
olive oil2 tsp
all-purpose flour2 Tbsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast1 pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
uncooked onion(s)1 small, red, diced
corn2 piece(s), kernels removed
uncooked zucchini1 medium, diced
fat free chicken broth½ cup(s)
raw sage⅛ oz, chopped (use 1 tablespoon)
table salt⅛ tsp, or to taste
black pepper⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- In a shallow dish, stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge turkey in mixture, patting off excess. Add turkey to skillet and sauté until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion to pan. Sauté until softened and beginning to brown. If it becomes too dry, add a tablespoon of chicken broth.
- Add corn and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in chicken broth and sage, and return turkey to the skillet until warmed.
- Divide turkey cutlets onto 4 plates. Season vegetables to taste with salt and pepper and spoon over turkey. If desired, garnish with sage.