Turkey sausage and roasted potato salad
- Total Time
This salad takes hearty sausages and potatoes and turns them into a healthy main-dish salad that’s loaded with veggies. Baby kale adds a touch of bitterness and crunch, while roasted red peppers balance the dish with sweetness.
olive oil cooking spray5 spray(s)
uncooked red potato(es)1 ¼ pound(s), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
dried thyme1 tsp
table salt¾ tsp
black pepper¾ tsp
uncooked sweet Italian turkey sausage16 oz, (1 pound), fresh
red wine vinegar3 Tbsp
Dijon Mustard2 Tbsp, country-style
extra virgin olive oil1 Tbsp
uncooked kale6 cup(s), baby variety
roasted red peppers (packed in water)7 oz, (1 jar), drained and chopped
uncooked red onion(s)½ cup(s), chopped, thinly sliced
olive(s)2 oz, (1/4 cup), pitted and chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray medium roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- 2 Combine potatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl. Lightly spray potatoes with olive oil nonstick spray; toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in prepared pan in single layer. Roast, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Transfer potatoes to large bowl; set aside.
- 3 Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray; preheat broiler. Arrange sausage on rack. Broil 7 inches from heat, turning occasionally, until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let sausage cool slightly. Cut diagonally into 1-inch chunks; add to potatoes. Stir in roasted peppers, onion, and olives.
- 4 Whisk together vinegar, mustard, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl.
- 5 Place kale in large bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing and toss to coat. Place on large platter. Add remaining dressing to sausage mixture and toss to coat. Place sausage mixture on top of kale and serve at once.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups sausage mixture and 1 cup kale