Turkey sausage and roasted potato salad
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked red potato(es)
1¼ pound(s), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
Uncooked sweet Italian turkey sausage
16 oz, (1 pound), fresh
2 Tbsp, country-style
Extra virgin olive oil
6 cup(s), baby variety
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
7 oz, (1 jar), drained and chopped
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ cup(s), chopped, thinly sliced
2 oz, (1/4 cup), pitted and chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray medium roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- 2 Combine potatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl. Lightly spray potatoes with olive oil nonstick spray; toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in prepared pan in single layer. Roast, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Transfer potatoes to large bowl; set aside.
- 3 Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray; preheat broiler. Arrange sausage on rack. Broil 7 inches from heat, turning occasionally, until sausage is browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let sausage cool slightly. Cut diagonally into 1-inch chunks; add to potatoes. Stir in roasted peppers, onion, and olives.
- 4 Whisk together vinegar, mustard, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl.
- 5 Place kale in large bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing and toss to coat. Place on large platter. Add remaining dressing to sausage mixture and toss to coat. Place sausage mixture on top of kale and serve at once.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups sausage mixture and 1 cup kale