- 1/3 cup(s) packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp hot dog pickle relish, or minced gherkin pickles
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or less to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or less to taste
- 2 oz deli sliced turkey
- 1 oz low-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 slice(s) reduced-calorie rye bread
In a small bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, ketchup and relish; toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place turkey and cheese on one slice of bread; top with slaw mixture and then second slice of bread. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
- Make the cabbage-carrot slaw up to 12 hours in advance if you prefer a coleslaw with a softer consistency. This recipe can easily be multiplied for more servings. Serve the sandwich as is or grilled.