- 3 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s), minced
- 2 cup(s) pineapple, diced
- 1 large mango(es), diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 large jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, minced (don't touch seeds with bare hands)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, or parsley, fresh, chopped
Soak onion in ice water in a small bowl for 15 minutes; drain.*
In a medium bowl, combine onion with remaining ingredients (except cilantro or parsley); cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir in cilantro or parsley just before serving. Can be refrigerated for up to 4 days. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- *Soaking the onion in ice water removes its "bite" and helps to tone down the raw onion flavor in the salsa.This Mix and Match recipe is part of our Make Ahead series, in which we give you a week's worth of recipes intended to save you time in the kitchen. We show you how to swap dishes to create quick and easy meals throughout the week. Pair our cold Tomato-Dill Soup with the Tuscan Tuna Wraps or the Santa-Fe Salad, use the Grilled Summer Vegetables in both the wrap and with the Cuban Chicken Skewers, and top virtually anything with the Tropical Fruit Salsa.