- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 tsp table salt, divided
- 1 cup(s) uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mango(es), fresh, cubed
- 1 cup(s) pineapple, Golden-variety, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), fresh, chopped
Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in couscous; cover and let stand until water is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork; cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, cumin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt until blended. Add mango, pineapple, cilantro and onion; toss to mix.
Add couscous to fruit mixture; toss to mix and coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Yields about a heaping 3/4 cup per serving.
- *Could affect SmartPoints values.