Tomato and Garlic-Stuffed Peppers
- Total Time
uncooked bell pepper(s)4 item(s), medium, red variety
fresh cherry tomato(es)36 medium
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), thinly sliced
uncooked anchovies3 item(s), (packed in oil), thinly sliced and 2 1/2 teaspoons oil reserved
sardine oil2 ½ tsp, or reserved anchovy oil
rosemary sprig2 item(s), or thyme sprigs, large
table salt⅛ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp
cooking spray1 spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise in half, cutting through the middle of each stem to keep intact. Carefully remove cores and seeds and discard. Place peppers, cut-side up, on prepared baking sheet.
- Tightly fit about 6 whole cherry tomatoes into each pepper half. Tuck garlic and anchovies into each half, dividing evenly. Break rosemary sprigs into smaller sprigs and tuck between tomatoes. Drizzle reserved anchovy oil over tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until bell peppers are tender and browned along edges and tomatoes are softened, about 40 minutes.
- Per serving: 2 stuffed pepper halves