- 2 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin, divided
- 10 oz uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice, about the juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp lemon zest, about the zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh watercress, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, diced
- 1 medium cucumber(s), diced
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Toast quinoa in oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add water; cover, reduce heat to low and let steam for 15 minutes.
Place toasted, steamed quinoa in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients; mix well. Let mixture rest for 15 minutes to an hour to allow flavors to combine. Serve at room temperature. Yields about 1 cup per serving.