- 1 pound(s) cooked shrimp, peeled
- 12 oz low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 Tbsp Thai curry paste, red, yellow, or masaman varieties
- 9 oz uncooked string beans, French-style variety
- 3 oz packaged rice noodles
- 6 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 6 Tbsp unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Place the shrimp in a colander in the sink; rinse with cold running water, tossing occasionally, until thawed, about 5 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the evaporated milk, coconut milk, water, and curry paste in a soup pot or Dutch oven set over high heat; bring just to a simmer. Add the green beans and rice noodles; bring back to a simmer. Adjust the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are just tender, 8 – 10 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp and continue cooking until heated through, about 3 minutes more. Ladle into bowls and top each portion with 1 tablespoon of the cilantro and 1 tablespoon of the peanuts. Yields generous 1 cup per serving.