- Total Time
The addition of cilantro, lime juice and cumin gives tabbouleh a Tex-Mex twist. Stir in a few shots of hot sauce if you want to bring on the heat.
uncooked bulgur¾ cup(s)
fresh tomato(es)1 cup(s), diced
English cucumber(s)1 cup(s), diced
cilantro⅓ cup(s), leaves, fresh, chopped
uncooked scallion(s)3 Tbsp, sliced
fresh lime juice3 Tbsp
olive oil2 tsp, extra-virgin
table salt¾ tsp
ground cumin½ tsp
avocado½ cup(s), sliced, Haas, diced
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the bulgur and then remove from heat. Cover pan and let stand until water is absorbed and bulgur is tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork and let cool to room temperature or until just slightly warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, scallion, lime juice, oil, salt and cumin.
- Add cooled bulgur to bowl; toss to combine. Gently fold in avocado and let stand 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Serve, or cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.