- 1 large uncooked onion(s), minced
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 oz canned diced tomatoes, with chilies
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 oz spiced seasoning mix, chili variety
- 14 oz frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
Combine onion, garlic, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 hours (or low heat for 4 to 6 hours). Add frozen corn during last hour of cooking. Stir in lime juice and cilantro just before serving. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving.
- Cook’s Tips This vegetarian chili is a cinch to prepare thanks to supermarket staples. Leftovers make excellent burrito or taco fillings.