Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes (without oil), minced
- 2 oz soft-type goat cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4-oz pieces
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) table wine, dry, white
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and thyme.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest part of each chicken breast, creating a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and warm over high heat. Add chicken and brown well. Remove and set aside.
- Add white wine to pan and boil until almost all evaporated.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons chicken broth until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture, remaining chicken broth and tomato paste into white wine.
- Return chicken breasts to pan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Baste occasionally with sauce.