Summer Vegetable Tart
- Total Time
Have a few ripe tomatoes on hand? Feature them in our summer tart, which looks as wonderful as it tastes.
olive oil cooking spray3 spray(s)
frozen ready to bake pie crust6 oz, thawed, or fresh pie crust (9 inch)
fresh tomato(es)2 large, sliced
uncooked zucchini1 medium, sliced
yellow summer squash1 small
part-skim ricotta cheese1 cup(s)
dried thyme¼ tsp
dried basil¼ tsp
dried rosemary¼ tsp
table salt¼ tsp, or to taste
black pepper⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a 9-inch tart pan, bake crust, unfilled, according to package directions. Let cool.
- Place tomato, zucchini and squash slices on baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake until tomatoes are slightly dry and zucchini and squash slices are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Mix together ricotta, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread evenly over tart crust.
- Starting at center of crust and working outward, arrange slightly overlapping, alternating rings of vegetables until crust is completely covered. Return to oven until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.