Summer vegetable tart
olive oil cooking spray
frozen ready to bake pie crust
6 oz, thawed, or fresh pie crust (9 inch)
2 large, sliced
1 medium, sliced
yellow summer squash
part-skim ricotta cheese
¼ tsp, or to taste
⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a 9-inch tart pan, bake crust, unfilled, according to package directions. Let cool.
- Place tomato, zucchini and squash slices on baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake until tomatoes are slightly dry and zucchini and squash slices are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Mix together ricotta, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread evenly over tart crust.
- Starting at center of crust and working outward, arrange slightly overlapping, alternating rings of vegetables until crust is completely covered. Return to oven until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.