SmartPoints® value per serving
Napoleons are an iconic French dessert known for their creamy interior and flaky exterior. This make-at-home version gives you all the delicious elegance of this sweet pastry with half the work by using pre-made phyllo dough sheets. Whipped topping lends airiness and strawberries provide sweetness with not a ton of sugar. Plus, if you want to prep ahead, you can store the unfilled baked phyllo triangles in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a day.
Frozen fillo dough
4 sheet(s), (12 x 17-inch) thawed
8 tsp, melted
Fat free whipped topping
24 medium, hulled and sliced
⅓ cup(s), sliced, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface. Brush with 2 tsp butter and sprinkle with about 4 tsp sugar. Cover remaining phyllo with a damp paper towel and plastic wrap to keep it from drying out. Repeat layering 3 more times with the remaining phyllo, butter, and sugar. Trim phyllo stack to make a 12 x 16-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 3 strips, then cut crosswise to make 12 (4-inch) squares. Cut each square in half on the diagonal to make 24 triangles in all.
- Place phyllo triangles on baking sheets in a single layer. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets on wire racks.
- Top each phyllo triangle with 1 tbsp whipped topping, 1 sliced strawberry, and a few sliced almonds. Top each with another triangle so the points are slightly offset from the first triangle. Top each with 1 tbsp whipped topping, 1 strawberry, and a few sliced almonds. Repeat to make 1 more layer. Place a napoleon on each of 8 plates. Serve at once.
- Serving size = 1 napoleon