Strawberries with Cream Filling
- Total Time
Fast and festive, these stuffed strawberries are the perfect ending to all your summer soirees. Use jumbo strawberries for a beautiful presentation.
strawberries1 pound(s), large-size (about 18 strawberries)
low fat cream cheese4 oz, at room temperature
powdered sugar½ cup(s)
vanilla extract½ tsp
- Wash and dry strawberries (leave green caps on).
- Using a paring knife, cut a wide v-shape out of the pointed end of each strawberry (like an open mouth); reserve cut out pieces of strawberries. Place cut strawberries on a serving plate, green cap-side down so they will be easy to fill.
- Using an electric mixer, thoroughly combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Chop reserved leftover bits of strawberries into tiny pieces and gently stir into cream cheese mixture with a spoon.
- Fill each cut strawberry with a small amount of cream cheese mixture using a spatula or knife. Arrange filled strawberries on a serving plate, green cap-side down. Yields 1 strawberry per serving.