Strawberries with Cream Filling
SmartPoints® value per serving
End your summer soirées with this fancy treat. This strawberry dessert dish is as festive as it is beautiful. If you’re craving a new and creative take on chocolate-covered strawberries, these strawberries with cream filling are sure to satisfy and are much easier to make. Your family and friends will not get enough! Better yet, the recipe yields 18 servings and only takes 10 minutes of preparation to finish. Whether you’re looking for a sweet snack for yourself or a party platter, this low-SmartPoints option is truly perfect. For best results, make sure you refrigerate if you’re not serving it immediately!
1 pound(s), large-size (about 18 strawberries)
Low fat cream cheese
4 oz, at room temperature
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Wash and dry strawberries (leave green caps on).
- Using a paring knife, cut a wide v-shape out of the pointed end of each strawberry (like an open mouth); reserve cut out pieces of strawberries. Place cut strawberries on a serving plate, green cap-side down so they will be easy to fill.
- Using an electric mixer, thoroughly combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Chop reserved leftover bits of strawberries into tiny pieces and gently stir into cream cheese mixture with a spoon.
- Fill each cut strawberry with a small amount of cream cheese mixture using a spatula or knife. Arrange filled strawberries on a serving plate, green cap-side down. Yields 1 strawberry per serving.
Prepare this recipe the same day you plan to serve it or the strawberries will weep. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.