Steak Sandwich with Microwave Potato Chips
- Total Time
You'll be surprised at how well the chips cook in the microwave. They get nice and crisp - perfect to pair with a sandwich.
uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak1 pound(s)
uncooked potato(es)1 medium, baking variety, very thinly sliced
table salt1 tsp, divided
olive oil3 tsp, divided
crumbled feta cheese½ cup(s)
garlic clove(s)1 clove(s), small, minced
fresh lemon juice3 Tbsp
dried oregano¼ tsp
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, thinly sliced
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), medium, red or green variety, cut into thin strips
black pepper¼ tsp
Worcestershire sauce1 Tbsp
reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)4 item(s), toasted
- Place steak in freezer for 15 minutes.Meanwhile, soak potato slices in cold water for 2-3 minutes; drain and pat dry. Place 2 layers of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; arrange potato slices in a single layer on plate (you will need to do this in batches). Microwave on high for 4 minutes; flip over and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Microwave another 3-4 minutes, until slices are chip consistency; remove any chips that threaten to scorch. Transfer chips to a bowl; repeat with remaining potato slices.
- Pulse 1 tsp oil, feta, garlic, lemon juice and oregano in a food processor until combined. Process until creamy; set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Remove steak from freezer; slice against grain as thinly as possible and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.
- Set same skillet over medium-high heat; add another 1 tsp oil. Add steak and Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring frequently, until steak is barely pink, 2-3 minutes. Divide steak among rolls, top with onions and peppers, and drizzle each with 2 Tbsp feta sauce.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich and 10 chips