Steak with Rosemary and Arugula
- Total Time
Here we've seared the meat on the stove, but broiling will work equally well. The high heat seals in the juices and you end up with a tender, juicy piece of meat.
garlic clove(s)3 clove(s), medium, halved
table salt1 tsp
uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef1 pound(s), trimmed of all visible fat
black pepper⅛ tsp
arugula2 bunch(es), cleaned
- In a mini food processor, combine rosemary, garlic and salt and purée into a course paste.
- Place a large nonstick skillet or grill pan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, rub rosemary paste into both sides of steak.
- When skillet is very hot (give it at least 2 minutes), sear steak until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn over and sprinkle with pepper. Cook until done to taste, 5 to 8 minutes for medium.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across grain. Serve steak over arugula.