Steak with rosemary and arugula
SmartPoints® value per serving
This six-ingredient salad gets a ton of flavor from an ingenious paste of garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. The quick buzz to form the paste and over the high heat in the skillet the aromatic paste sears into the flesh of the steak imparting loads of flavor. The quick hit of high heat then few minutes of rest ensure the steak will be super juicy when sliced. Keep it simple with just the arugula or toss in some seared asparagus, onion and tomatoes for a full dinner salad. The juices from the steak will dress it nicely but a quick hit of red wine vinegar will brighten the dish nicely.
3 medium clove(s), halved
Uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
1 pound(s), trimmed of all visible fat
2 bunch(es), cleaned
- In a mini food processor, combine rosemary, garlic and salt and purée into a course paste.
- Place a large nonstick skillet or grill pan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, rub rosemary paste into both sides of steak.
- When skillet is very hot (give it at least 2 minutes), sear steak until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn over and sprinkle with pepper. Cook until done to taste, 5 to 8 minutes for medium.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across grain. Serve steak over arugula.