Spiralized apple and fennel salad
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp, minced
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
1 medium, with fronds
2 medium, (Gravenstein, Braeburn, Gala, or Pink Lady)
1 bunch(es), trimmed (4 c leaves)
3 Tbsp, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest and juice, shallots, salt, and pepper. Chop enough fronds from fennel to equal 2 Tbsp; stir into dressing.
- Insert 1 apple into spiralizer so that core is aligned with round steel spindle. Spiralize apple with chipper blade into twisty noodles; toss with dressing to coat. Repeat with remaining apple.
- Trim fennel; leave core intact. Spiralize fennel bulb with shredder blade into thin strips; add to bowl with apples.
- Add watercress to bowl; toss to coat and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serving size: about 1 3/4 c