- 1 bunch(es) fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour, extra
- 1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
Microwave or steam spinach until just wilted. Squeeze to remove excess water and chop finely.
Combine spinach, 1/2 cup of flour, cheeses and bread crumbs in a bowl. Toss a tablespoon of mixture in extra flour and form into an oval. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 36 gnocchi.
Add gnocchi to a pot of simmering water and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Gnocchi is cooked when it floats to surface. Remove gnocchi from pan using a slotted spoon. Drain and keep warm.
Heat sauce in microwave. Serve drizzled over gnocchi.