Spinach and Feta Quesadillas
- Total Time
The countdown to Super Bowl has begun. Check back all week for fabulous Mexican-inspired snacks, like these quesadillas, to enjoy during the game.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
uncooked shallot(s)1 medium, minced
garlic clove(s)1 clove(s), medium, minced
chopped frozen spinach10 oz, thawed and squeezed dry
feta cheese¼ cup(s), crumbled
grated Parmesan cheese½ cup(s), such as Parmigiano Reggiano
fat free creamer2 Tbsp, such as half-and-half
canned cannellini beans¼ cup(s), drained, rinsed and mashed
black pepper¼ tsp
fresh lemon juice1 tsp
flour tortilla(s)4 medium
cooking spray1 spray(s)
lemon(s)1 medium, quartered
- Coat a 10-inch skillet coated with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and sauté 1 minute; stir in spinach. Cook until spinach is hot and liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add feta and Parmesan cheeses, creamer, beans, pepper and lemon juice to skillet; stir until well-combined.
- Spread 1/2 cup of spinach mixture on half of each tortilla; fold tortillas in half to enclose filling.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Place 2 folded tortillas in skillet and brown over medium heat, about 2 to 3 minutes per side; set aside and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla in half to form quarters. Serve with lemon wedges. Yields 2 quarters per serving.