Spicy Tofu with Broccoli and Cashews
- Total Time
Enjoy this flavorful stir-fry on its own or mixed with nutty-tasting brown rice.
vegetable oil2 tsp
uncooked broccoli1 head(s), cut into bite-size pieces
uncooked scallion(s)5 medium, cut into 2-inch pieces, white
canned chicken broth½ cup(s), or vegetable broth
low sodium soy sauce1 Tbsp
red pepper flakes¼ tsp, crushed
firm tofu10 ½ oz, cut into 1-inch cubes
Cashews, dry roasted, without salt2 ½ oz, about 1/2 cup
- In a very large nonstick skillet or a wok with a lid, heat oil over high heat.
- Add broccoli and white scallion bulbs and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add all but 1 tablespoon of broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and pepper flakes.
- Pour over vegetables and stir until well-coated. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid thickens, about 1 minute.
- Add tofu, cashews and green part of scallions.
- Simmer, covered, until tofu is heated through, about 1 minute.