Spicy Tofu with Broccoli and Cashews
1 head(s), cut into bite-size pieces
5 medium, cut into 2-inch pieces, white
Canned chicken broth
½ cup(s), or vegetable broth
Low sodium soy sauce
Red pepper flakes
¼ tsp, crushed
10½ oz, cut into 1-inch cubes
Unsalted dry-roasted cashews
2½ oz, about 1/2 cup
- In a very large nonstick skillet or a wok with a lid, heat oil over high heat.
- Add broccoli and white scallion bulbs and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add all but 1 tablespoon of broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and pepper flakes.
- Pour over vegetables and stir until well-coated. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid thickens, about 1 minute.
- Add tofu, cashews and green part of scallions.
- Simmer, covered, until tofu is heated through, about 1 minute.