Spicy Grilled Korean Pork Tenderloin and Onions
1 Tbsp, peeled, grated
Packed brown sugar
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
1 pound(s), trimmed
2 medium, sweet variety, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
Dark sesame oil
- Combine ginger, sambal oelek, 2 tsp brown sugar, and soy sauce in shallow dish. Add pork, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Place pork on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until pork is glazed and browned and instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 145°F, about 15 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board, let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray onion slices lightly on both sides with cooking spray. Place onions on grill rack and grill until browned and tender, 6–7 minutes on each side. Transfer to large bowl. Add vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon brown sugar, sesame oil, and salt; toss to coat.
- Cut pork into 12 slices and serve with onion mixture.
- Serving size: 3 slices pork with 1/2 c onion mixture