- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 medium green pepper(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 8 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium-high heat; add onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are tender and mushrooms release juice, about 4 minutes. Add chicken and sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add basil, curry powder, salt and black pepper; stir to coat.
Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Transfer spaghetti to four shallow bowls and spoon chicken mixture over top. Yields about 1 cup of chicken mixture and 1 cup of spaghetti per serving.