Spaghetti with Mini Meatballs
- Total Time
If you're not a meat lover, try this recipe with lean ground chicken. Remember to increase the amount of basil and garlic to compensate for poultry's milder flavor.
uncooked spaghetti6 oz
uncooked lean beef round14 oz
egg(s)1 large, lightly beaten
basil¼ cup(s), chopped
garlic clove(s)4 clove(s), medium, minced, divided
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, chopped
sun-dried hot chile pepper(s)⅛ oz, minced
canned crushed tomatoes1 ¾ cup(s)
fresh oregano2 Tbsp, chopped
basil1 Tbsp, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.
- Combine beef, egg, basil and 2 cloves garlic in a medium bowl. Mix well and roll into about 20 walnut-size balls.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray and cook meatballs until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Coat a pan with cooking spray, heat and sauté onion, 2 cloves garlic and chile until onion is softened. Stir in tomatoes, water and herbs. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat cooked meatballs in tomato sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Return spaghetti to pan and heat through. Serve with meatballs and sauce.