- 3 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked ground chicken breast
- 1 medium uncooked shallot(s), finely chopped
- 2 small fresh tomato(es), finely chopped and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder, medium-hot, or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 item(s) egg roll wrapper(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) canned enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), minced (green part only)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and shallot; brown over medium heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to break chicken into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato and cook until pulpy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in beans, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; simmer for 1 minute to blend flavors.
Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat work surface with the corners set vertically (pointing up and down like a diamond shape). Arrange 2 slightly rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of wrapper, leaving 1/2 inch at the bottom and top.
Fold the bottom of the wrapper to the center, over the filling. Gently, but firmly, fold the left side of the wrapper to the center and then fold in the right side. Fold the top of the wrapper down to cover filling and seal any loose ends with water; repeat with remaining ingredients.
Place filled wrappers on prepared baking sheet; lightly spray surface of wrappers with cooking spray. Bake until wrappers are golden brown, flipping once, about 16 minutes.
Meanwhile, to prepare sauce, combine enchilada sauce, sour cream and scallion in a small bowl; mix well. Yields 1 roll and about 1 tablespoon of sauce per serving.
- You can substitute canned diced tomatoes for the fresh tomatoes if you prefer. Purchase canned tomatoes with chiles and eliminate the chili powder to streamline prep time.