- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium corn, kernels removed with a knife*
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper(s), chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp corn oil, or other oil
- 8 oz roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium taco seasoning, about 1/2 a 1.25 oz packet
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
Combine beans, corn, scallions and peppers in a large bowl; toss until well mixed.
Add lime juice and oil to bean mixture; toss to coat. Add chicken, cilantro and taco seasoning; toss. Top with sour cream and serve. Yields about 1 1/2 cups salad plus 1 tablespoon sour cream per serving.
- *To learn how to remove the kernels from an ear of corn, click here.When fresh corn is not in season, use canned corn or frozen, cooked corn instead.