- 1/2 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 31 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 2 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), cut in half
- 6 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 2 head(s) romaine lettuce, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 oz canned green chili peppers, drained and diced
- 1 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, fresh
- 1 bunch(es) fresh watercress, tough stems removed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove(s), small garlic clove(s), peeled and left whole
Combine lime juice, cumin, 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro and chopped garlic in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat chicken. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in refrigerator.
Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side; set aside until ready to assemble salad.
In a large bowl, combine beans, red pepper, tomatoes and scallions. Divide lettuce among 8 small serving bowls or plates, and top each with equal amounts of bean mixture.
To make dressing, combine remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Slice cooled chicken on the diagonal and divide among salads. Drizzle each serving with about 1/4 cup of dressing. Yields 1 salad per serving.
- This recipe can easily be halved but you still may want to make the entire amount of dressing for use at a later time.