Veggie Brown Rice Bowls
Sugar snap peas
2 cup(s), whole
3 Tbsp, white variety
3 Tbsp, warm
Unseasoned rice vinegar
Dark brown sugar
¼ tsp, minced, minced
Shredded red cabbage
Red bell pepper
1 cup(s), thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), chopped, sliced (and/or cilantro leaves)
Cooked medium grain brown rice
2 cup(s), cooked
4 tsp, black variety recommended
- Coat a cast-iron skillet or wok with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add snap peas; cook, stirring often, until blistered and tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together miso paste, water, oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger and garlic; set aside. (Thin with a little water if too thick.)
- Toss together carrot, cabbage, red pepper and scallion (and/or cilantro); set aside.
- To assemble, line up 4 bowls. Fill each with 1/2 c snap peas, 1/2 c brown rice and 1/2 c edamame. Drizzle each with 1 1/2 Tbsp miso dressing and top each with 3/4 c carrot mixture. Garnish each with 1 tsp sesame seeds.
- Serving size: 1 bowl (about 2 c)