Slow Cooker Picadillo with Black Beans
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), minced
- 1 small green pepper(s), chopped
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 medium olive(s), chopped
- 6 Tbsp raisins, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef; drain fat and add beef to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker; stir well to combine. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Adjust seasonings before serving, if desired. Yields a heaping 3/4 cup per serving.
Serve with hot sauce, if desired.