Everyone’s favorite Indian takeout dish, lightened up in a slow cooker.
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), minced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 2 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped (optional)
Combine all ingredients, except yogurt and cilantro, in slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in yogurt and cilantro. Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce per serving.
- Chicken thighs can hold up to a long, slow cook time - they may shred if left in for too long but the dish will still be just as delicious. You can easily double this recipe. It freezes well.