Slow cooker cherry chipotle pulled chicken
10 oz, Bing, pitted and halved
No salt added canned crushed tomatoes
Canned tomato paste
2 Tbsp, reduced sodium
Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp, smoked
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Store-bought adobo sauce
1 Tbsp, from the can
Uncooked skinless boneless chicken thigh(s)
- Stir everything except the chicken thighs in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Nestle the thighs into the sauce.
- Cover and cook 6 hours on low.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the thighs to a cutting board. Turn the slow cooker to high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, or until reduced by about a third of the original liquid volume.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Stir into the sauce. Simmer for a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Serving size: 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons.