Slow Cooker Cherry Chipotle Pulled Chicken
- Total Time
Here’s a terrific pulled chicken that won’t heat up your kitchen this summer.
cherries10 oz, Bing, pitted and halved
no salt added canned crushed tomatoes1 cup(s)
canned tomato paste2 Tbsp, reduced sodium
molasses1 ½ Tbsp
apple cider vinegar1 ½ Tbsp
paprika1 tsp, smoked
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce1 item(s)
store-bought adobo sauce1 Tbsp, from the can
Worcestershire sauce1 Tbsp
dry mustard1 tsp
ground cumin1 tsp
ground cloves½ tsp
uncooked skinless boneless chicken thigh(s)2 pound(s)
- Stir everything except the chicken thighs in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Nestle the thighs into the sauce.
- Cover and cook 6 hours on low.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the thighs to a cutting board. Turn the slow cooker to high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, or until reduced by about a third of the original liquid volume.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Stir into the sauce. Simmer for a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Serving size: 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons.