Individual berry summer puddings
4 slice(s), crusts removed
Low-calorie cranberry juice cocktail
2 Tbsp, and raspberry mixed or water
2½ cup(s), hulled and sliced
Fat-free vanilla yogurt
- Line four 6-ounce custard cups with plastic wrap, letting it extend over the sides. With a biscuit cutter, cut out four 2 1⁄2-inch rounds from the slices of bread; set aside.
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, and juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Stir in 1 cup of the strawberries; cook 1 minute. Stir in the remaining strawberries and the raspberries. Let cool 15 minutes. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the berry juice into a cup.
- Place a bread round in each custard cup. Spoon in the berry mixture, pressing lightly. Cover with the bread trimmings, cutting to fit. Lightly press down, then brush bread with half of the reserved juice. Refrigerate remaining juice. Fold the plastic wrap over each pudding to enclose.
- Place the puddings on a plate and cover with foil. Place a can of food on each pudding to weight it. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove cans and foil; fold back plastic. Invert each pudding onto a plate; remove cups and plastic. Brush reserved juice over puddings; garnish each pudding with a spoonful of yogurt and a mint sprig. Yields 1 pudding per serving.