- 2 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, medium-size, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1 cup(s) corn, kernels removed (or 1 cup frozen, thawed corn)
- 1 medium poblano chile, seeded, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 6 cup(s), shredded romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, red and/or yellow, halved
- 1 item(s), medium avocado, Hass, chopped*
- 1 small uncooked red onion(s), chopped
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and cumin. Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes; remove to a plate.
Rinse or wipe skillet clean. Off heat, coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add corn and poblano; increase heat to high and cook, stirring once or twice, until corn and poblano are golden in spots and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, water, lime juice, black pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and cumin until blended; stir in cilantro. Add lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onion, sautéed corn and poblano; gently toss to mix and coat. Top with shrimp and serve. Yields about 2 1/2 cups salad mixture and 3 1/2 ounces shrimp per serving.
- Leave the peels on the shrimp for a prettier presentation, if desired.