Shrimp and mushroom quesadillas
¾ pound(s), large size, peeled and deveined
½ pound(s), white variety, sliced
1 small, thinly sliced
1 medium, seeded and minced
1 medium clove(s), minced
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
Reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 oz, (1 cup), or shredded reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend
Fat free flour tortilla(s)
4 medium, (8-inch)
1 item(s), cut into wedges
- 1 Stir together chili powder, cumin, and salt in small dish. Sprinkle shrimp with half of spice mixture and toss to coat. Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until shrimp are just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to plate and set aside.
- 2 Spray same skillet with nonstick spray. Add mushrooms, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and remaining spice mixture to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and most liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in shrimp and cilantro.
- 3 Layer one quarter each of shrimp mixture and Monterey Jack on half of each tortilla. Fold unfilled half of each tortilla over filling, pressing down lightly.
- 4 Wipe skillet clean, spray with nonstick spray, and set over medium-high heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook until cheese melts and outsides of tortillas are lightly browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer quesadillas to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: (1 quesadilla)