Shrimp and Mango Salad Pitas
- Total Time
Serve this summery sandwich with a glass of sun tea.
olive oil1 tsp
uncooked scallion(s)3 medium, sliced
ginger root2 tsp, grated
garlic clove(s)1 clove(s), medium, minced
light unsweetened coconut milk½ cup(s)
cooked shrimp¼ pound(s), peeled and deveined
mango(es)1 small, chopped
uncooked celery3 rib(s), medium, sliced
sweet red pepper(s)1 medium, seeded and chopped
whole wheat pita(s)4 small, halved
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil.
- Sauté scallions, gingerroot and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in shrimp, mango, celery and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until flavors are blended, about 3 hours.
- Spoon shrimp salad into pitas.