Shredded chicken enchilada casserole
3 cup(s), chopped, divided
1 pound(s), sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
2 medium, halved lengthwise and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
1½ tsp, divided
Canned diced tomatoes
28 oz, fire-roasted (undrained)
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 item(s), chopped (optional)
4 medium clove(s), smashed
Cooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
12 oz, shredded with two forks
18 small, (4-inch)
Weight Watchers Reduced-fat Mexican style shredded cheese
6 oz, or jack cheese
Reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 13-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. When oil shimmers, add 2 cups onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, zucchini, and 1⁄2 tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In blender, purée tomatoes, chipotle pepper (if using), garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and remaining 1 cup onion and 1 tsp salt.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to medium bowl. Stir in chicken and 1 cup tomato sauce.
- Spread 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce in bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with 6 tortillas, overlapping to fit dish. Sprinkle with half of chicken mixture and 1⁄2 cup cheese. Top with 6 more tortillas, remaining chicken mixture, and 1⁄2 cup cheese. Top with remaining 6 tortillas. Spread top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until golden and bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve each piece with 1 tbsp sour cream.
- Serving size: 1/12 of casserole and 1 tbsp sour cream