Sesame-ginger salmon, shiitakes & broccolini with soba noodles
Low sodium soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Dark brown sugar
Garlic chili paste
1 tsp, plus extra for garnish
Uncooked wild Atlantic salmon fillet(s)
1½ pound(s), skinless (four 6 oz pieces)
Fresh shiitake mushroom
12 oz, sliced
Uncooked baby broccoli
3 bunch(es), Broccolini, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 lbs)
Uncooked soba noodles
6 oz, will yield 4 cups cooked
Reduced sodium canned chicken broth
2 medium, sliced
Toasted sesame oil
- In a small bowl, to make marinade, whisk together soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, and garlic paste. Pour half of soy mixture in a shallow bowl; set rest aside. Add salmon to bowl, turn to coat in soy mixture. Let rest at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line two baking sheets with foil and coat with cooking spray. Arrange mushrooms on one pan in a single layer and arrange salmon and Broccolini on other pan in a single layer; drizzle vegetables with remaining marinade from salmon bowl. Bake for 15 minutes for medium-rare or 20 minutes for well done.
- While salmon roasts, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain; place in a large bowl. Combine reserved soy mixture and broth in a cup; pour over noodles, tossing to coat.
- To serve, place 1 c noodles in a wide shallow bowl; top with a salmon fillet, 1 c vegetables, some scallions, 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp sesame seeds. Serve with hot sauce or additional chili garlic paste (optional).
- Serving size: 1 bowl (1 salmon fillet, 1 c each vegetables and noodles)