Savory sausage-apple crumbles
2 rib(s), medium, finely chopped
2 medium, chopped
1 small, diced
1 small, chopped
garlic herb seasoning
cooked chicken sausage(s)
8 oz, Italian-style, finely chopped
canned chicken broth
quick cooking rolled oats
shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
2 Tbsp, softened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Set six 6-oz ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, carrots, onion and apple to heated skillet; stir in 1 tsp garlic seasoning, salt and thyme. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and soft, 6-8 minutes; stir in sausage.
- In a small cup, stir together broth and cornstarch; stir into skillet. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced slightly and thickened, about 6-7 minutes; remove from heat.
- To make topping, in a medium bowl, combine oats, Parmesan, paprika and 1/2 tsp garlic seasoning; incorporate butter with your fingers.
- Spoon a heaping 1/2 cup sausage mixture into each ramekin; crumble 3 tablespoons topping over each. Bake until bubbling, 25 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 sausage crumble.