- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), thinly sliced
- 32 oz fresh spinach, baby leaves
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced garlic and let garlic sizzle in oil, tossing occasionally, until light golden, about 2 1/2 minutes; remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
Add half of spinach to same skillet and cook, tossing with tongs, until spinach wilts, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; remove to a serving bowl. Add remaining spinach to skillet and cook, tossing with tongs, until spinach wilts, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; remove skillet from heat.
Return cooked spinach to skillet (discard any liquid in bowl) and sprinkle with salt and pepper flakes; toss to coat. Spoon into bowl and sprinkle with garlic (toss just before serving for garlic to stay crisp). Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.
- Be careful not to burn the garlic. As pieces brown, remove from skillet.Try this recipe tossed with pasta and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.