SmartPoints® value per serving
Salmon croquettes is a great old-school dish that was once an American dinnertime staple. This recipe will get them back into your mealtime rotation. Calcium-rich canned salmon makes these super easy to get to the table. Ours are ready in about 30 minutes and feature a wheat germ coating for an earthy twist. Whip up a zesty mayo by combining 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon horseradish, a bit of dill and lemon zest to spice up your patties. Add some brown rice and roasted zucchini or squash to your plate for a heartier meal. Enjoy these croquettes as a lunchtime treat as well since they reheat beautifully.
14¾ oz, drained
1 rib(s), medium, minced
4 medium, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp, snipped
½ medium, cut into wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl. Pick out skin, then mash bones with a fork.
- Mix in celery, scallions, egg and dill. Form mixture into 12 log-shaped croquettes.
- Place wheat germ on a sheet of wax paper and roll croquettes in it.
- Gently place in skillet. Cook until lightly golden, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve on salad greens, with lemon on side.