A super-easy side dish that pairs well with roast chicken, beef or pork. If you don’t like rosemary, try it with fresh thyme instead.
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked red potato(es), baby variety (about 24)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, or kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast until potatoes begin to brown but aren’t yet tender, about 20 minutes.
Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with rosemary and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Return to oven and roast until potatoes are golden and tender, about 5 to 10 minutes more. Yields about 4 potatoes per serving.
- Cut any large potatoes in half so that the potatoes all cook at the same time.