Roast Chicken with Fennel and Chili Rub
- Total Time
This recipe is originally from WW Australia and is reprinted here with permission.
uncooked fennel bulb(s)2 medium, cut into wedges
uncooked baby carrots12 medium
extra virgin olive oil1 Tbsp, divided
lemon zest2 tsp, finely grated
fennel seed1 tsp, crushed
crushed red pepper flakes¼ tsp, or to taste
black pepper¼ tsp
kosher salt1 pinch
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast1 ¼ pound(s), four 5 oz pieces
uncooked zucchini2 medium, cut into short strips
lemon(s)½ item(s), cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place fennel and carrots on one prepared pan; drizzle with 2 tsp oil. Bake until golden and tender, 30–35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl; rub evenly over chicken.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Place chicken on one side of remaining prepared pan and place zucchini on other side. Bake for last 10–12 minutes of cooking time of fennel and carrots, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve chicken with roasted vegetables and lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast and about 1 cup vegetables